What Components Should an Alternative Certification Program Include?
- Preparing teacher candidates to successfully pass the TExES exams. TEACH TExES prep includes 20 hours of test-taking strategy courses, 60 hours of onsite/phone tutoring, & over 25 TExES practice exams.
- Ongoing supervisor support which includes a supervisor who observes teacher at least 3 times per semester.
- Retired Principal Facilitators who connect with the teacher’s principal during the teacher’s teaching experience.
- Ongoing pedagogical, including methodology courses.
- Training throughout teaching experience including courses &/or workshops.
- Selecting process which identifies quality teachers for the Texas classroom.
TEACH Delivers All Six Components Plus Four Additional Components!
- Teaching tools necessary to produce high-performing students. Students who perform on or above average on the district/state assessment tools.
- Teaching tools which support high-level thinking in Texas Classrooms.
- Supporting courses which enrich teacher’s pedagogical and methodological knowledge & skills.
- Testing pedagogical and methodological skills through a laboratory setting–a virtual classroom.
- 12 Professors, Online Course of Study including pedagogy and methodology courses.
- 100+ courses including but not limited to Core Courses, Brain-based Research courses, study guide courses; language courses, Middle & HS focused courses; special needs focused courses; Technology focused courses; uGuide Resources courses focused on all content areas and grade levels
- 20 Educational Videos in zeToolbox
- 10 Weebly, Online Workshops
- 2 Textbooks: Wong & Wong, The Brain Train &/or a Discipline Specific Text/video
- 2 Software Demos: Inspiration, Portfolio Builder
- 25 TExES Prep Handouts
- 12/7 support via Internet, Telephone
- 3 or More Sessions, One-On-One TExES Prep Tutoring
- 2 or More Sessions, Résumé Review & Interview Coaching
- 25 TExES Practice Exams Available through the Testing Site
- 5 Supervisor Visits: 3 visits Fall Semester and 2 visits during the Spring Semester
- 2 Retired Principal Facilitators connect via email and phone (visit if requested by teacher’s principal) to teacher’s principal throughout teaching experience.
- 2 Clinical Supervisors: If More Classroom Visits Required by Principal/Director/Supervisor, a Clinical Supervisors Enter Teacher’s Classroom Twice a Week.
- 1 Mentor, Campus: Paid Stipend, Observes at Least 3 Times
- 1 Retired Teacher Mentor, Average, 3:1
- 3-year Program Support (2 years beyond Internship Year)
- Access to tqportal for the life of the program after exit from program
Code of Ethics (pulled for adjustments)
Grievance Policy (pulled for adjustments)