Getting Started With Three Easy Steps!
- Submit the form found on the Contact Us page or send an e-mail to Dr. Quintanilla.
- Receive an Application via email.
- Submit a completed Application to Dr. Quintanilla at TEACH mailing address below.
- Please contact us before sending in a completed application to get the process started.
- Applications are e-mailed to candidates who complete the Contact Form or contact us via e-mail.
- You can download the application now to get a head start, but do not submit by email:
- TEACH Application Excel Spreadsheet
- TEACH Application PDF
- Letter of Introduction:
- Candidate submits a one-page Letter of Introduction or Résumé
In addition, teacher should complete a criminal background check.
- Reference Letters:
- Candidate submits two Letters of Reference. Letters should indicate candidate’s potential for being a “High-Performing” teacher. Letters may be included in App Packet, emailed or posted, separately, to Dr. Q . Entity, schools’ or individual’s letterhead not required.
- Official Transcripts:
- Official transcripts required from the university confirming the BA, MA, PHD.
- Candidate mails all items to:
- TEACH P. O. Box 141473
- Austin, TX 78714
- $50.00 Application Fee, non-refundable, part of discount:
- Candidate may pay by credit card/check/money order/cashier’s check/bank transfer. This fee applied to program fees when candidate enrolls in TEACH.
For foreign applicants seeking certification the state requires several additional documents. See the SBEC website for more details.
- Foreign Credential Review:
- An original Foreign Credential Review.
- TEACH Preference: Foreign Credentials Services of America, 1910 Justin Lane, Austin 78757; 512-459.8428
- Verification of Immigration/Citizenship status:
- A copy of the individual’s green card, visa authorizing the individual’s presence in the United States.
- Proof of Oral English Language Proficiency:
- TSE or TOEFL, both which measure an individual’s oral English language proficiency. A copy of the TSE or TOEFL registration bulletin may be downloaded from their websites.
- All candidates will need a social security number to apply for the program.
Supply and Demand for Educators in Texas
Based on information from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) website, Over the next decade, there will be an increasing demand for new teachers due in part to a dramatic increase in enrollment and high attrition rates as an aging teacher workforce becomes eligible for retirement.
TEA Website continues.
Since some shortage areas have been forced to hire teachers without certifications or to instruct in areas outside of their certifications, preference is given to teachers with a Master of Arts in Teaching. a Master of Education or a similar graduate degree. Having a master’s degree can equate to higher salaries and more leadership opportunities.