TEACH (Training via elearning: An Alternative Certification Hybrid) is an online teacher preparation program leading to 37 Texas teacher certificates. TEACH offers a Texas teacher certification program that specifically meets the needs of the growing diverse student population in Texas classrooms.
Offering Much Flexibility! The program is tailored to the teacher candidate’s learning needs through a completely online delivery system. Online delivery system is housed at TEACH’s Learner Management System, TeachSweet, www.tqportal.com. Guest Access, consult Contact Us.
Efficient Exiting Program: Meet state and program requirements while efficiently exiting the online program with a solidly prepared standard certificate. Some teachers require as little as two to four-months to complete the state required 30/150 hours before beginning to teach in a classroom. Others may require more time. Time in portal depends on work schedule and layers of responsibility. There are two-types of courses: 1) Core Courses (ACC)—pedagogy courses. All required for all certificates and grade levels. 2) Informational and Enrichment (UGR, TEC, SPE) Courses includes methodology courses (YTR). Most required by specific certificates and grade levels (BES, HSD).
T.E.A.C.H. is an acronym?: Yes!!
TEACH is an acronym for Training via e-learning: An Alternative Certification Hybrid. District Code available from email@example.com.
Fort Stockton: Apache Elementary School, 432.336.4161.
Austin: Texas Preparatory School, 512.805.3000, 5th Grade Teacher
San Marcos: Texas Preparatory School, 512.805.3000, 4th Grade Teacher
Offering Teacher Training leading to a Texas Standard Certificate for teachers throughout Texas.
Offering Intense TExES Tutoring
We do not “set-up” our teachers for failure on the TExES!!! Instead, the TEACH Program Fees include two-levels of tutoring, or more, if required, via phone or onsite. TEACH holds TExES practice exams for all certificate areas. These practice exams are delivered through a secured section in the TEACH portal. As such, teachers challenge the TExES practice exams from the comfort of their homes.
TEACH does not require the PACT for admittance into the Program. However, if you challenge the PACT before applying to TEACH, a discount is offered toward the Enrollment Fee.
Removing the Barriers to Time, Work, and Geography
TEACH provides an individual an alternative to a physical classroom. Training for a Texas teacher certificate is twofold. First, the individual acquires the theory necessary to meet the rigors of a Texas classroom in an online classroom. Second, the teacher applies the theories to practice in a 36-week (full-day, full-year) paid teaching experience or a 14-week, non-paid, clinical teaching experience (student teacher). Both experiences lead to a Texas Standard Certificate.
Guiding the teacher is a team of teachers and professors who bring over 300 years of teaching experience in Texas classrooms.
While candidates will select a certificate area in which to concentrate, the curriculum’s interdisciplinary format prepares candidates with the pedagogical foundations and methodological interventions for all certificate areas. Thus, candidates may access, at no additional cost, additional courses to complete the second and third certificate areas after teacher completes the 1st certificate and exits with the Standard Certificate.
- Delivered completely online: online courses, online workshops, online video viewing, online practice TExES.
- Work at your own pace and time in the comfort of your home.
- Evaluate transcript & application packet promptly; quick screening process.
- Support throughout the program by online mentor, online professor, classroom mentor, and two classroom supervisors—-on going support at all levels, 12/7 connection to Dr. Q.
- Earn two or more certificates for the price of one offered in BIED and SPED specialty areas.
- Complete onsite teaching experience as student teacher or teacher of record in public, private, or charter school.
Elementary: EC-6 Core Subjects Generalist, BIED, ESL & 4-8 Core Subjects and content area Generalist
Secondary, 7-12: Chemistry, English Language Arts Reading, History, Life Science, Mathematics, Science (Composite), Social Studies, Physical Science (8-12 & 6-12), Physical Science/Mathematics/Engineering, Technology Applications
All Level, EC-12: Music, Physical Ed., Technology Applications, French & Spanish LOTE, SPED
Supplemental: BIED, ESL, SPED
7-12 Certificates: Journalism, Technology Applications
6-12 Certificates: Physics/Mathematics
- 12 Professors, Online Course of Study which includes both pedagogy and methodology courses.
- 100+ courses including but not limited to Core Courses, Brain-based Research courses, study guide courses; language courses, Middle & HS focused courses; special needs focused courses; Technology focused courses; uGuide Resources courses, -focused on all content areas and grade levels
- 20 Educational Videos: 4 in zeToolbox, www.tqportal.com, others posted when requested
- 10 Online Workshops
- 2 Textbooks: Wong & Wong, The Brain Train, &/or Discipline Specific Bk when requested
- 2 Pieces of Software Demos: Inspiration, Portfolio Builder
- 25 TExES Prep Handouts
- 12/7 Support via Internet, Telephone
- 3 or More Content Area and PPR Tutoring Sessions, one-on-one TExES Prep Tutoring via phone or at Twin Towers Office
- 2 or More Sessions, Résumé Review & Interview Coaching
- 35 TExES practice exams available through the portal testing site
- Efficient Exiting Program: Six Core Courses Required plus some informational and enrichment courses
- 5 Supervisor observations, Director conducts at least one. SBEC requires 5 per teaching experience (3 in Fall & 2 in Spring semester).
- 2 Principal Facilitators: Retired principals connect to teacher’s principal via email and/or phone during teaching experience.
- 2 Clinical Supervisors: If more classroom visits are required, a supervisor enters teacher’s classroom twice monthly.
- 2 Induction Year Program Coordinators connecting to campus administrators.
- 1 Mentor, Campus: Paid Stipend, conducts 3 observation in addition to the TEACH supervisor observations (listed above) during the Fall Semester. Due to the STAAR schedule, no observations are required during the Spring Semester.
- 1 Retired Teacher Mentor, Average, 1:3
- 3-Year Program Supervisor Support (Two Years Beyond Internship Year)
- Access to the TEACH Portal and other resources for the life of the Program after exit from program. No additional fees required. Future CPE credit available without fees.
- Robust training leading to school employment. However, school employment is framed by budgets and school population. And, as such, may lead to limited employment offerings in certain Texas areas.
- Veterans, based on the 38 CFR 21.4267, TEACH, a certification program delivered completely online without leading to college diplomas, is not approved for GI Bill funds. However, we can assist you in accessing your GI Bill funds through an onsite program. Consider, also, connecting to Troops to Teachers, Region 13 or MyCAA. Or, consider the TEACH discounts of $300 to $500 toward the cost of the program.
- Teachers holding a Masters or PHD are automatically, after quick application review and meeting all state and TEACH requirements, accepted into the program. A discount is offered for the Masters and/or Doctorate.
Types of Teaching Experiences:
Paid: Teacher of Record, 36 Weeks (full-day, full academic year).
Non-Paid: Clinical Teaching Experience (Student Teacher), 14 or 16 Weeks
Specific Requirements for Applying:
1) Submit TEACH Application Packet
Submit Contact Us Form through website or email firstname.lastname@example.org for Application Packet. Application Packet: Please do not send application docs via email attachment, by piecemeal. Too risky for fraud! In particular, do not email transcripts—transcripts contain SS#!! Instead, post all application docs required to P. O. Box 141473, Austin, TX 78714! Application Fee: $50. However, if you are accepted and you select TEACH as your Prep. Prog. TEACH adds $50 to your application fee for a $100 discount toward the Enrollment Fee.
After Application Packet reviewed by two retired teachers, Director contacts applicant for a telephone interview. Interview based partially on Haberman, Star Teacher Selection and the Gallup Survey Insight Assessment Questions. Scored on 100 points with baseline at 85 points. https://gx.gallup.com/principalinsight.gx/
-Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
-Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above on a four-point scale, or 2.75 in the last sixty hours.
-Required credit hours
—7-12 Certificates, English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, require 24 credit hours in content area.
—EC-6/4-8 Certificates, minimum of 12 hours of combined coursework in English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and 3 hours minimum in each content area, total 24 credit hours.
—EC-12 Music, Technology Apps, Physical Education, Spanish/French LOTE, Special Education
+Music, at least a major or minor in field related to Music.
+Technology Apps, at least a major or minor in Fine Arts, computer science or networking.
+Physical Education, at least a major or minor in field closely aligned with physical or sports area.
+Spanish/French LOTE, at least 24 credit hours in Spanish or French. Simply speaking either language is insufficient.
+Special Education, at least a major or minor in Sociology or Psychology, or hold clinical experience in special needs area, plus 24-credit hours in combination of content areas.
Enrollment & Internship Fees: As little as $300 offers you portal access and enrolls you in the program. Enrollment Fee balance, after discounts & portal access fee of $300, may be paid monthly over 10-months. Program total, usually between $3500-$3900 with discounts & $300 enrollment fee!!! Email/call Dr. Q for other special offers. Or, simply, complete Contact Us Form.
+Based on TACode 230.11(b)(5), TOEFL, 4-exams, speaking, listening, writing, reading, required for candidates who earn their degree in an institution where English was not the primary language of instruction. Teacher requests TOEFL scores. Submits scores to TEACH soon after teacher challenges the exam. Request scores required from Dr. Q.
3) Transcript Review
If degree delivered in a language other than English, individual must present a transcript evaluation from a foreign credential service with Application Packet. Consider, www.fcsa.biz
4) Background Check
Teacher must pass a background check prior to beginning teaching position. Applicant may request preliminary review of background from TEA.
Use the Contact Us form to reach us!
The TEACH Program is intense, preparing high-performing teachers. As a result, our teacher placement rate for our graduates, per year, is very high. Many of our TEACH graduates, however, after teaching for several years, move into administration, move overseas, or seek an advanced degree. In addition, nearly 89.7%, on average, of teachers who enroll in TEACH, each year, secure an internship soon after enrolling. Teachers secure either a clinical teaching experience (student teacher) placement (non-paid, 14-or 16-week) or teacher of record position (paid, full-day, full year).
Placement rate based on total TEACH, per academic year, enrollment.
18-19, ??; 17-18, 93.2%; 16-17, 91.1%; 15-16, 87.9%; 14-15, 99.9%; 13-14, 99.9%; 12-13, 96.7%; 11-12, 95.3%; 10-11, 97.3%; 09-10, 95.6%; 08-09, 87.3%; 07-08, 94.3%; 06-07, 92.1%; 05-06, 98.7%.