TEACH (Training via elearning: An Alternative Certification Hybrid) is an online teacher preparation program leading to 32 Texas teacher certificates. TEACH offers a Texas teacher certification program that specifically meets the needs of the growing diverse student population in Texas classrooms. More importantly, offering much flexibility, the program is tailored to the teacher candidate’s learning needs through a completely online delivery system. Online delivery system is housed at TEACH’s elearning platform, tqportal.com.
Removing the barriers to time, work, and geography, TEACH provides an individual an alternative to a physical classroom. Training for a Texas teacher certificate is twofold. First, the individual acquires the theory necessary to meet the rigors of a Texas classroom in an online classroom. Second, the teacher applies the theories to practice in a 36-week paid internship or a 14-week non-paid student teacher internship. Both internships lead to a Texas Standard Certificate. Guiding the teacher is a team of teachers and professors who bring over 300 years of teaching experience in Texas classrooms. More importantly, TEACH delivers a teacher preparation program which exceeds SBEC Program Hour and No Child Left Behind Act requirements.
While candidates will select a certificate area in which to concentrate, the curriculum’s interdisciplinary format prepares candidates with the pedagogical foundations for all certificate areas. Thus, candidates may access, at no additional cost, additional courses to complete the second or third certificate areas.
- Delivered completely online: online courses, online workshops.
- Work at your own pace and time in the comfort of your home.
- Enroll at any time! Rolling Enrollment. No enrollment deadlines.
- Evaluate transcript & application packet promptly; quick screening process.
- Support throughout the program by online mentor, online professor, classroom mentor, and two classroom supervisors—-on going support at all levels, 12/7 connection to Dr. Q.
- Earn two or more certificates for the price of one offered in certain content areas/grade levels!
- Complete on site internship as student teacher or teacher of record in public/private/charter school.
Elementary, EC-6: Generalist, BIED, ESL
Elementary/Middle, 4-8: Generalist: The State is moving from the 4-8 Certificate to the 7-12 Certificate in September 2014.
Secondary, 7-12: Chemistry, English, ESL, History, Mathematics, Science (Composite), Social Studies, Life Science, Physical Science, Mathematics/Science Mathematics/Physical Science/Engineering, Technology Applications
All Level, EC-12: Music, Physical Ed., Technology Applications, French & Spanish LOTE, SPED
Supplemental: BIED, ESL, SPED
- 12 Professors, Online Course of Study
- 6 Core Courses, 30 Mini-Courses, 30 uGuide Resources Courses, 8 TExES Prep Courses
- 20 Educational Videos in zeToolbox
- 10 Weebly, Online Workshops, plus a hands-on, Robotics Workshop
- 1 Textbook: The Brain Train
- 2 Pieces of Software Demos: Inspiration, Portfolio Builder
- 15 TExES Prep Handouts
- 12/7 Support via Internet, Telephone
- 3 or More Sessions, One-On-One TExES Prep Tutoring
- 2 or More Sessions, Résumé Review & Interview Coaching
- 23 TExES Practice Exams Available Through the Testing Site
- 6 Supervisor Visits: 4 per Semester (SBEC requires 3 per internship)
- 2 Clinical Supervisors: If More Classroom Visits are Required, Supervisor Enters Teacher’s Classroom Twice a Week
- 1 Mentor, Campus: Paid Stipend, Observes at Least 3 Times
- 1 Retired Teacher Mentor, Average, 1:3
- 3-Year Program Support (Two Years Beyond Internship Year)
- Veterans, we can assist you in accessing your GI Bill funds.
- Teachers, who hold more than 2-years of classroom experience. We can assist you in serving a reduced student teacher experience from 14-weeks to 12-weeks.
Types of Internships
Paid: Teacher of Record, 36 Weeks
Non-Paid: Student Teacher, 12- or 14-Weeks–Number of weeks based on past teaching experience in the classroom
Teacher Assistant: Internship possibility after serving a Teaching Assistant position. Internship possibility: 1) student teacher placement, non-paid or 2) Teacher of Record position, paid.TEACH provides supervisory services to the Teacher Assistant which lead to increased opportunities for a teaching position.
Out-of-State Territory:A teacher may serve a 12- or 14-week internship while living in another state. Pending approval by SBEC.
Out-of-Territory Internship: A teacher may serve a 12- or 14-week internship while living in another country. Pending approval by SBEC. Abroad Connections: In Spring 2013, TEACH supported teachers in Taiwan, Thailand, Italy, & Japan. In Fall 2013 TEACH hopes to support teachers in China, Costa Rica, & Mexico.
Cost of Program:
Application Fee: $50. However, if you are accepted and you select TEACH as your Prep. Prog. TEACH adds $50 to your application fee for a $100 discount toward the Enrollment Fee.
Enrollment & Internship Fees: As little as $300 enrolls you in the program. Balance may be paid monthly over 10-months. Program total, $3500-$3700 with discounts & $300 enrollment fee!!! Email/call Dr. Q for other special offers.
Use the Contact Us form to reach us!
The TEACH Program is well respected throughout Texas. As a result, our teacher placement rate for our graduates, per year, is very high. Many of our TEACH graduates, however, after teaching for several years, move into administration or seek an advanced degree. In addition, nearly 89.7%, on average, of teachers who enroll in TEACH, each year, secure an internship soon after enrolling. Teachers secure either a student teacher placement (non-paid, 12- or 14-week internship) or teacher of record position (paid, two-semester internship).
|Placement Rate||School Year|
|88.7% to date||2013-2014|