TEACH (Training via elearning: An Alternative Certification Hybrid–District Code 227-701) is an online teacher preparation program leading to 35 Texas teacher certificates. TEACH offers a Texas teacher certification program that specifically meets the needs of the growing diverse student population in Texas classrooms.
2017-2018 SBEC/TEA Policies. email Dr. Q @ firstname.lastname@example.org for Policy Doc or consult, News. Even though the state has increased the requirements for teacher preparation to begin in 2017-2018 academic year, TEACH will not increase the $4500 program fee. Of course, TEACH will continue to offer the same discounts offered since 2009 to defray cost.
Offering Much Flexibility! The program is tailored to the teacher candidate’s learning needs through a completely online delivery system. Online delivery system is housed at TEACH’s Learner Management System, TeachSweet, tqportal.com.
Efficient Exiting Program: Meet state and program requirements while efficiently exiting the online program with a solidly prepared standard certificate. Some teachers require as little as two to four weeks to complete the state required 30/150 hours before beginning to teach in a classroom. Others may require more time. Time in portal depends on work schedule and layers of responsibility. There are two-types of courses: 1) All Core Courses (ACC). All required for all certificates and grade levels. 2) Informational and Enrichment Courses (IE). Most/some required by specific certificates and grade levels.
T.E.A.C.H. is an acronym?: Yes!! District Code 227-701
TEACH is an acronym for Training via e-learning: An Alternative Certification Hybrid. District Code, 227-701
Offering Teacher Training leading to a Texas Standard Certificate for teachers throughout Texas. District Code 227-701
Offering Intense TExES Tutoring
We do not “set-up” our teachers for failure on the TExES!!! Instead, the TEACH Program Fees include two-levels of tutoring, or more, if required, via phone or onsite. TEACH holds TExES practice exams for all certificate areas. These practice exams are delivered through a secured section in the TEACH portal. As such, teachers challenge the TExES practice exams from the comfort of their homes.
TEACH does not require the PACT for admittance into the Program. However, if you challenge the PACT before applying to TEACH, a discount is offered toward the Enrollment Fee.
Removing the Barriers to Time, Work, and Geography
TEACH provides an individual an alternative to a physical classroom. Training for a Texas teacher certificate is twofold. First, the individual acquires the theory necessary to meet the rigors of a Texas classroom in an online classroom. Second, the teacher applies the theories to practice in a 36-week (two semesters) paid internship or a 14-week, non-paid, clinical experience (student teacher) internship. Both internships lead to a Texas Standard Certificate.
Guiding the teacher is a team of teachers and professors who bring over 300 years of teaching experience in Texas classrooms. More importantly, TEACH delivers a teacher preparation program which exceeds SBEC Program Hour requirements.
While candidates will select a certificate area in which to concentrate, the curriculum’s interdisciplinary format prepares candidates with the pedagogical foundations for all certificate areas. Thus, candidates may access, at no additional cost, additional courses to complete the second and third certificate areas after teacher completes 1st certificate and exits followed by the state issuing the Standard Certificate.
- Delivered completely online: online courses, online workshops, online video viewing, online practice TExES.
- Work at your own pace and time in the comfort of your home.
- Enroll at any time! Rolling Enrollment. No enrollment deadlines.
- Evaluate transcript & application packet promptly; quick screening process.
- Support throughout the program by online mentor, online professor, classroom mentor, and two classroom supervisors—-on going support at all levels, 12/7 connection to Dr. Q.
- Earn two or more certificates for the price of one offered in BIED and SPED specialty areas.
- Complete onsite internship as student teacher or teacher of record in public, private, or charter school.
Certificates Offered, TEACH District Code 227-701
Elementary: EC-8 Generalist, BIED, ESL & 4-8 Generalist
Secondary, 8-12 & 7-12: Chemistry, English Language Arts Reading, History, Life Science, Mathematics, Science (Composite), Social Studies, Physical Science (8-12 & 6-12), Physical Science/Mathematics/Engineering, Technology Applications
All Level, EC-12: Music, Physical Ed., Technology Applications, French & Spanish LOTE, SPED
Supplemental: BIED, ESL, SPED
7-12 Certificates: Journalism, Technology Applications
6-12 Certificates: Physics/Mathematics
- 12 Professors, Online Course of Study
- 80+ courses including but not limited to Core Courses, Brain-based Research courses, study guide courses; language courses, Middle & HS focused courses; special needs focused courses; Technology focused courses; uGuide Resources courses, -focused on all content areas and grade levels
- 20 Educational Videos: 4 in zeToolbox, www.tqportal.com, others posted when requested
- 10 Online Workshops
- 2 Textbooks: Wong & Wong, The Brain Train, &/or Discipline Specific Bk when requested
- 2 Pieces of Software Demos: Inspiration, Portfolio Builder
- 25 TExES Prep Handouts
- 12/7 Support via Internet, Telephone
- 3 or More Content Area and PPR Tutoring Sessions, one-on-one TExES Prep Tutoring via phone or at Twin Towers Office
- 2 or More Sessions, Résumé Review & Interview Coaching
- 35 TExES practice exams available through the portal testing site
- Efficient Exiting Program: Six Core Courses Required plus some informational and enrichment courses
- 5 Supervisor observations, Director conducts at least one, SBEC requires 5 per internship
- 2 Principal Facilitators: Retired principals connect to your internship principal via email and/or phone during your internship.
- 2 Clinical Supervisors: If more classroom visits are required, a supervisor enters teacher’s classroom twice monthly
- 1 Mentor, Campus: Paid Stipend, conducts 3 observation during the Fall Semester. Due to the STAAR schedule, no observations are required during the Spring Semester.
- 1 Retired Teacher Mentor, Average, 1:3
- 3-Year Program Supervisor Support (Two Years Beyond Internship Year)
- Access to the TEACH Portal and other resources for the life of the Program after exit from program. No additional fees required. Future CPE credit available without fees.
- Veterans, based on the 38 CFR 21.4267, TEACH, a certification program delivered completely online without leading to college diplomas, is not approved for GI Bill funds. However, we can assist you in accessing your GI Bill funds through an onsite program. Consider, also, connecting to Troops to Teachers, Region 13 or MyCAA. Or, consider the TEACH discounts of $300 to $500 toward the cost of the program.
- Teachers holding a Masters or PHD are automatically, after quick application review, accepted into the program. A discount is offered for the Masters and/or Doctorate.
Types of Internships
Paid: Teacher of Record, 36 Weeks (two semesters)
Non-Paid: Clinical Teaching (Student Teacher) , 14 or 16 Weeks—Number of weeks based on past teaching experience in the classroom.
Internship: 1) clinical experience (student teacher) placement, non-paid or 2) teacher of record position, paid.
Out-of-State Internship: A teacher may serve a 14 or 16 week internship while living in another state pending approval by SBEC. There is an additional fee, above the TEACH Program Fee, for such an internship paid directly to SBEC.
Out-of-Country Internship: A teacher may serve a 14 or 16 week internship while living in another country pending approval by SBEC. There is an additional fee paid directly to SBEC, above the TEACH Program Fee, for such an internship.
Suggested Plan of Action: Most teachers enrolled in TEACH who are serving in schools overseas or other states have access to www.tqportal.com to complete the core courses and prepare to challenge the TExES while teaching overseas or in other states. They return or move to Texas to challenge the TExES and serve an internship in Texas. Generally, they serve a 14 or 16 week clinical experience (student teacher) internship in a public, private, or charter school. Some teachers remain in Texas and others return to their respective states or countries after completing all TEACH and SBEC/TEA requirements for the Standard Certificate.
+Based on TACode 230.11(b)(5), TOEFL, 4-exams, speaking, listening, writing, reading, required for candidates who earn their degree in an institution where English was not the primary language of instruction. If, however, degree delivered in a language other than English, individual must present a transcript evaluation from a foreign credential service with Application Packet. Consider, www.fcsa.biz
+GRE, SAT, ACT, THEA, ACCUPLACER, COMPASS scores not required.
Cost of Program:
Application Fee: $50. However, if you are accepted and you select TEACH as your Prep. Prog. TEACH adds $50 to your application fee for a $100 discount toward the Enrollment Fee.
Application Packet: Please do not send application docs via email attachment, by piecemeal. Too risky for fraud! In particular, do not email transcripts—transcripts contain SS#!! Instead, if living in Texas, post all application docs required to P. O. Box 141473, Austin, TX 78714!
Enrollment & Internship Fees: As little as $300 offers you portal access and enrolls you in the program. Enrollment Fee balance, after discounts & portal access fee of $300, may be paid monthly over 10-months. Program total, usually between $3500-$3900 with discounts & $300 enrollment fee!!! Email/call Dr. Q for other special offers.
Use the Contact Us form to reach us!
The TEACH Program is intense, preparing high-performing teachers. As a result, our teacher placement rate for our graduates, per year, is very high. Many of our TEACH graduates, however, after teaching for several years, move into administration, move overseas, or seek an advanced degree. In addition, nearly 89.7%, on average, of teachers who enroll in TEACH, each year, secure an internship soon after enrolling. Teachers secure either a clinical experience (student teacher) placement (non-paid, 14-or 16-week internship) or teacher of record position (paid, two-semester internship). Placement rate based on total TEACH, per academic year, enrollment.
|Placement Rate||School Year|